EPFLOct 2022 - Present
- Implemented probabilistic methods in Magma to find dense orbits of large matrix groups.
- Worked on novel representation theory problems within the Testerman group.
INI-Simons Postdoctoral Fellow
University of CambridgeAug 2021 - Sep 2022
- Funded by the Simons foundation in coordination with the Isaac Newton Institute.
- Expanded area of research by collaborating with Breuillard, Liebeck and Naor, achieving a proof of a 40 year-old open problem.
Quivis (University of St Andrews)May 2015 - Sep 2015
- Developed simulations in HTML5 for the Quantum Visualisations Project.
- Published a research paper about a suite of simulations on quantum key protocols.
PhD in Mathematics
Imperial College LondonSep 2017 - Jul 2021
"A double coset problem for classical groups", under the supervision of Professor Martin Liebeck.
Masters of Mathematics
University of St AndrewsSep 2013 - Jun 2017
- Thesis on Hyperbolic Groups, supervised by Professor Colva Roney-Dougal.
- Overall percentage: 97.00 (top university wide).
- Awarded the Miller Prize for the best final year student in the Faculty of Science.
- Algebra Seminar, University of Warwick, Jun 2023
- Groups and representations Seminar, RPTU, Jan 2023
- Algebra Seminar, EPFL, Nov 2022
- Young Group Theorists Workshop, SwissMAP, Sep 2022.
- Algebra Seminar, University of York, Mar 2022.
- Junior London Algebra Colloquium, Imperial College London, Nov 2021.
- Totally Disconnected Locally Compact groups via group Actions, Banff, Aug 2021.
- Algebra, Combinatorics and Number Theory Seminar, CMUP, Jul 2021.
- Algebraic Groups Introductory Workshop, INI, Cambridge, Jan 2020.
- Junior Algebra Seminar, University of Cambridge, Nov 2019.
- Postgraduate Group Theory Conference, University of Birmingham, July 2019.
Prizes and Awards
- EPSRC PhD Studentship.
- Miller Prize (Science), for the best final year student in the faculty of Science.
- Sanderson Prize, for the best final year student in mathematics.
- Arthur Hinton Read Memorial Prize, for performance in Pure Mathematics at Senior Honours level.
- Alexander Stewart Award, for best junior honour student in pure mathematics.
- The Principal's Scholarship for Academic Excellence, awarded to the top 50 students.
- Class Medal, for performance in second level statistics.